wake up & pay attention

∼January 24, 2014∼


Tuesday:
Woke up early because I had some school-related things to finish. 

I also had a brief meeting with a patient who's actually a friend. I left in the middle of my work and went to meet him. He was joking the day before (as usual) that he might not come. (If he didn't; you bet I would drag his bum to my school.)

The plan was to take an OPG x-ray at my school, but the machine acted up so we couldn't take a proper one. We decided to wait till tomorrow when there is another teacher at present. Major bummer because I really wanted to see that x-ray picture! 

My friend seemed paranoid or maybe by nature he's a little pessimistic. Maybe he just likes to joke a lot. He seems to overreact and exaggerate a lot. He kept asking what I would do if he got cancer from the radiation? It's a valid question, but after the 10th time I am wondering if he's seriously concerned. We don't wear lead vests at our school because the radiation dosages are so minimal. It was a bit awkward for me that we couldn't take the x-ray. He came for nothing, but at least he had plans afterwards, but then again I was too occupied with school. When he left, I continued my work. In the evening I cleaned someone's teeth. For some reason people love to teach me stuff. Maybe I give out that vibe? They always be lecturing me about something. 

A girlfriend slept over and we did 'GIRLS' marathon. What a brilliant show.

Later at night I and believe it or not: I actually cooked something decent LOL I just popped several things in the oven and we had dinner. Chicken + potato boats + root vegetables and beans. Ooooh, it was a cosy night.

Wednesday:
Funny how it's my home, but it's my friend who wakes me up. I am such a sleepy head. 

Today was another stressful day because the school has planned an evacuation drill which pretty much fucked my plans up. So I was rather disappointed and displeased with myself. On top of that; I forgot my credit card in my clinic clothes. 

I come home; extremely tired. I write to a dear friend and let's him decide whether I should *nap - eat - work out* or *eat - nap - workout*. Of course he chooses a third option which is *eat - work out - nap*. I am obedient and I even skipped the nap. That might explain why I was so darn sleepy and slept early. Also: it's weird to get msgs all of a sudden with guys you don't talk to anymore. Like what do they want? My studio is so clean these days. I am so proud of myself.

Thursday:
Woke you early. Went to school and injured myself. Lost like the tip of my finger. I think I should stop being clumsy. Sometimes I want everything to be perfect and then I rush myself. This is an example on how bad it can go. I can barely use my finger for anything now. They said I should take a break today. I was a bad girl and I went to yoga.
On the bright side I skipped lifting weights, but stuck to yoga.

I went with a friend and I hoped he liked it. It was hard for me to focus in class, but overall it was OK. It was way better last time because of the hip-openers and shoulder-openers. This time had a odd flow, but I think it's because I prefer Ashtanga yoga while the class was Iyengar yoga.

My family kept contacting me today. I miss them loads, but it seems they miss me more. I had to help my aunt with some papers and I also had to prep for tomorrow because we are currently having a two-day course on how to use anesthesia in the mouth.

I slept fairly late today because I was FaceTime'ing.
I was so darn sleepy and I don't even remember when I fell asleep.

Friday:
Woke up terrified of school. This was the last day of the course and thankfully! The left side of my face was completely numb. This anesthesia is no joke. I am actually pretty sore in my face and I don't know why? Maybe my fellow student did something wrong because it feels like I am bruised inside my mouth.

After the course, I worked out with a girlfriend. We did legs and glutes which is by far my favorite workout day. I just want bigger glutes! Lots of fun and we're going again tomorrow. It's going to be a combination of cardio and strength(?). I hate cardio, but I am trying to lose weight so it's probably a good idea.

Now I am just relaxing and I ain't gonna do nothing! I am going to relax despite the fact I just got my exam assignment. My head is not in it so I am starting tomorrow. I am probably going to take a nap and then wake up and prep for the assignment.

Next week it's all about my assignment. I might get a visit tomorrow. I hope he doesn't come / is unable to come. I just want to be alone with my assignment, but I did say he can pop by if he's in town. It's always important to keep your word. Besides school, I have something Monday evening. Maybe it's a date, maybe it's not. I am not going to over-think it. All I know is: I will be in good company while eating cake. He will also help me with my shelves which is really kind of him. I really love guys who can fix things. I am not a handy-woman at all.

Thoughts of the week:
When I take my time to know people, I am genuinely interested in knowing who you are. It must truly hurt when you try to know someone and the feelings are not mutual. Personally I think making someone 'your friend for the time' is a despicable act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top