bye 2012 - hi 2013

∼January 1, 2013∼


Happy New Year! I hope you guys had an amazing time with family or friends and loved ones. Can you believe another year passed by? Every year I look back in time and think about the key events of the year. What did I accomplish? What has changed since last year? and lastly - was it a good year?

And yes it was! 2012 was definitely one of the greatest and memorable years I've had so far. I've changed in a lot this year. I gained a lot confidence which changed my perception in so many ways. I started working in 2012. I traveled alone in 2012 and I met my great host family. I also moved out of the house and started studying in a different city. You can say this year has so many new elements and I am slowly learning to adapt to all the changes. Everyday you learn something new.. it's blows but it's nice at the same time, right?


New Years Eve holds a special place in heart because this is the only time of the year where I actually think back of the time that has passed and it's nice to know that in that precise moment, all the other people are doing the same. 

Okay. So yes! I dislike people's expectations of New Years Eve, but I like New Years Eve. They want big parties to celebrate the end of the year, but I don't feel for this year. I just want to relax this year. So in the end, I spent New Years Eve with my family and it was great and I was reminded of how much my smaller cousins enjoy days like these. Just like me! *hihi* Maybe next year I want something different for New Years Eve. 

Also: I achieved most of my NY resolutions last year so my new ones:
  • Lose 8 kg
  • Learn to sketch properly
  • Learn water/oil-painting
  • Practice my Japanese or other foreign language

Funny how I said you don't get squat from New Years resolutions (read here), but you do. 
See! It's good to aim for something. So get started on making NY resolutions..
Love Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top