.03 Nail Art: The Great Wave

∼February 5, 2012∼

Inspired by EmeraldSparkled! Mine is not as good as hers :)
In my mind I wanted to paint different ukiyo-e prints/painting on my nails, but I tried and I couldn't draw the motives as good as intended it to be. I only managed to draw two motives that looked somewhat good and the rest was crap. The genre is really pretty though, but some of the art is really difficult to paint because it requires sharp/thin lines. Only one motive came out the best-looking which was the motive I ended up using. The ukiyo-e print (more specifically a color woodblock print) is 'The Great Wave off Kanagawa' (神奈川沖浪裏 Kanagawa Oki Nami Ura?, lit. "Under a Wave off Kanagawa") also known as 'The Wave' and 'The Great Wave'. I think most people recognize this very famous Japanese art-work.

© Wikipedia
As I was saying before, I did a inspired version of 'The Great Wave' because I wanted different motives on all of my nails so it had some diversity and it's boring if it's exactly the same motive on all of my nails, so now  all my nails are different looking waves and only the thumb is a copy of 'The Great Wave'. Also my nails are currently short so there's not much space to work with, but despite of that it turned out really satisfying.

I love the thumb and the rest is alright.




Next time I want paint a motive that requires less details. Maybe like Ditto from Pokémon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top