Vietnamese Lunar New Year!

∼January 23, 2012∼

We have now entered the Dragon's year and I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!

or Chúc mừng năm mới as you would say in Vietnamese :-)

I usually spend Tết ('Vietnamese Lunar New Year') with my family, but this year I happen to celebrate it with friends instead. A friend, who just recently finished his studies as a engineer, had arranged a social get-together with friends and family. It's a shame I couldn't spend Tết with my family even though it really is the time where you get together with your family, but I had a great time at the party. It's odd how different New Year's Eve is compared to Tết because when it's New Year's Eve you usually should/want to spend that time with your friends whereas Tết is mainly a time for family (also friends, but mainly most importantly family) or at least that's how it's always been in our family. Sometime we go to these big social events which our town had arranged, but I rarely go there. I think it's nice though, but sometimes it's a little bit awkward and I always feel that people stare too much. That might just be my imagination though..

As far as I know, my family didn't go to the Tết festival, but the celebrated at my uncle's house. They also happen to celebrate the birthday of my baby cousin William (age 1 now) so it was very festive day as Tết usually are in my family. I wish I could be there, but at the same time.. It's not every day a friend of yours becomes an engineer at the age of 23 - that's a pretty amazing accomplishment which understandable should be celebrated with family and friends. Our host had actually made a lot of delicious food so I'm not sad about missing out on typical Tết food.

© sandytrang.blogspot.com
Doesn't it look delicious?
But anyways.. once again, happy lunar new year to everyone who celebrates it! ♥ Mostly Asians.
I hope everything goes well in the New Year and also con chúc ba má dồi dào sức khỏe!

Lots of love to my family, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top